Thursday, March 31, 2011

Some Blooms

Today I'm linking up with Tracie at Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Flora Thursday's  http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/2011/03/cottage-flora-thursdays-13.html  and with Tootsie at Tootsie Time for Fertilizer Fridays   http://www.tootsietime.com/. Ya'll go by and visit and then check out the other bloggers participating in these memes.

Can't believe that this is the last day of March. The saying goes - March winds bring April showers and April Showers bring May flowers. It is certainly windy here today and much cooler. Woke up to 50 degrees this morning. Nippy for me. Seems that winter just doesn't want to turn loose of you guys up north. I'm sending warmer thoughts your way and hope that ole man winter is saying its good byes.

This is the view from my front porch. A beautiful pink hedge of azaleas.




 Four O'Clock returning from winter.

Help me ID this plant. I put it down from seed last year and they didn't do anything but it is coming back. Perhaps a coneflower or balloon flower? I don't know.

And this one too. I'm thinking this is a balloon flower?

This penta looks sad as it droops everyday except right after watering but check out the guy sitting right next to it in the next photo... One Unhappy Penta next to

One Happy Penta. This one is all perky and doesn't droop at all. Bought at the same time and planted at the same time.
 
Sarah Bernhardt Peony... still hoping... it is growing much faster and looks so much better than it did last year.

ID anyone? From seeds I put out 3 or so weeks ago but I don't know what these are. 






New pink flowers just opened up on the newest verbena.



Animal damage right into the center of a beautiful batch of snapdragons. It really ticks me off when I walk out and see something like this. It happens to us all I know but we hate to see our plants get damaged.

That's all I've got for this week.

Hope you all have a good weekend and some prettier weather.

Today I'm thankful for the rain we had yesterday. (Drown out some of the yellow and green floating in the air - pollen - sneeze - runny nose)

29 comments:

Fishtail Cottage said...

Wow Becca - what a beautiful hedge of Azalea's to wake up to...i can see you have been a busy gal in the garden - so much to look forward to as your garden grows! Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's - i am having a fabulous morning peeking around all the garden posts! Hugs to you! xoox Tracie

Darla said...

Your azaleas are gorgeous, you can't kill four o'clocks... coneflower, looks like blue bedder salvia--will have purple blooms and mine get quite big. Your other unknown looks like larkspur. THe last one looks similar to a zinnia...everything is looking good Becca!

Nancy's Notes said...

I've never seen azaleas as beautiful as yours! Great photographs!

Nancy

Olive said...

Hi Becca, the azaleas are full of blooms and gorgeous. It will be fun to see what that plant turns out to be. I bought a huge camellia today and am excited about planting it. ♥olive

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Your pictures are so beautiful!

Connie said...

Those azaleas are spectacular, Becca! Everything is looking good there. Sorry about the animal damage. That is so frustrating when that happens. I hope you have a nice weekend! :-)

Sunray Gardens said...

The Azalea's are breathtaking. I could sit and stare at them all day. Bet it's hard to finally lose all that beauty after the bloom.
Cher
Goldenray Yorkies

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

The Azalea is so pretty! I love the bright color! The first unknown looks like a Coneflower to me. The seedlings look like Larkspur. Mine usually reseed all over the place, this year I've only found one.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing the Azaeleas. So beautiful. I love your blog. I think of you when I'm out in my garden.

x

Patsy said...

Those Azaeleas are beauthful.
The Blue Birds take a week to get there nest just right. They lay one egg a day until they have 3 or four. they take 12 days to have babys. They nest twice and stay around here all summer.

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Becca,

All of this looks so lovely to me! I am plant deprived right now so thanks for the wonderful display.

Eileen

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Wowza.Those Azaleas are stunning. Everything is looking very pretty Becca.
Have a great weekend.
Sue

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Becca, Yes Coneflower, Salvia of some sort, Larkspur what a great patch! and Zinnia. The Azaleas are stunning what a view!!:)

Becca's Dirt said...

Thanks guys on the plant ID. You are probably right about the larkspur and the coneflower and salvia. Larkspur is one of the seeds that I scattered. Thanks for your help.

Rosie Gan said...

Absolutely love your azalea hedge!
Rosie

Lona said...

Wow Becca! What a gorgeous azalea display. Your flower bed is really coming alive. I will not bore you with the plant Id's since others seem to have gotten them. Hope it warms up for you and us northerners too. Your lantern looks so cute in the bed. Have a wonderful weekend.

Beth said...

Hi Becca, Your azaleas are amazing! The first unidentified plant is a coneflower and the plants from seed are cleome (I think). Thanks for sharing the beauty of your garden!
Beth

Friko said...

How dare you have such wonderful flowers already when I am still gardening with nothing but spring bulbs and otherwise bare earth.

I think the deeply incised leaves are geraniums? Garden geraniums.

LindyLouMac said...

Calling by from Cottage Flora Thursday, it is good to meet you, I am loving exploring all these different gardens. Your azelea hedge is wonderful.

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a gorgeous hedge...GOODNESS!
Thanks for sharing it with us. And your white flowers...I believe I have those in a lovely yellow..but have NO clue what I planted. I need to ...change how I do things! :)
Hugs,
Mona

Mel_Cole said...

OMG! I love that pink bush! My Fertilizer Friday

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Gorgeous hedge! Wish I had that as my view.

Stopping by from Tootsie's place for Fertilizer Friday. I shared my azaleas on my other non-food blog "My New 30."

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

I'm glad to know there is someone else like me who plants seeds and then forgets what I planted! From now on I will label everything. Your azaleas are outstanding. Mine are just beginning to bloom. Come visit me at http://cottageatthecrossroads.com

Yvonne said...

Hi, here from Tootsie's. Your azaelea hedge is an eye opener to wake up to.

Rainy Day Gardener said...

Gorgeous azalea hedge! Incredible color :) I'm hoping old man winter is on his way out! Time for some milder weather and spring color ~ Cheers, Jenni

Ricki Treleaven said...

Becca, your azaleas are so pretty! Min don't look that good this year. I am linking over from Flora Thursday.

Jean said...

Becca, I just love seeing all that green! We're still brown but that's better than white! The azalea hedge is amazing! Jean

deborah said...

Hi Becca! Well spring has finally arrived here in Nebraska! I will finally start posting some more garden blogs! Whoot! Whoot! I LOVE your Azaleas!

Diane said...

Becca, those azaleas are just amazing, but the rest of your garden is starting to look pretty good as well. Take care Diane

Powered By Blogger