Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring

On the first day of spring this is what I have to look at from my office window. The bluest skies. Just makes it hard to concentrate today especially being today is Friday too. The birds are singing the sweetest tune this morning - sounded like "tweet tweet I'm so glad today is spring tweet".

This the first little peach coming alive here. This tree is Georgia Peach. Can't wait for the first fuzzy juicy bite.

Well - this is something that I really hadn't planned on but will be much appreciated this summer. My Pop came up on Wednesday while I was working and tilled me a vegatable garden. As you can see the area will be quite a job for a single person and more than a plenty of food.

This is what I'll be planting: red potatos, snap beans, white beans, purple hull peas, okra, squash, tomatos, cucumbers, radishes and maybe a couple of other things I can up with.
In Mobile this weekend will be the Mobile Botanical Gardens Annual Sale and I sure do want to go. Maybe I can squeeze out some time and if so I'll get pictures and some new babies to plant.
Hope everyone has a splendid weekend and has plenty of nice weather.

My little "Buddy" was dropped off this morning at the Vet's office to get fixed today. He'll be there till morning and I sure am going to miss him tonight. Such a sweet little fellow.








11 comments:

Bren Haas said...

I know it is hard when we have to take our little friends to the vet. Be sure to give him extra treats when he returns.
Happy Spring Dear Garden Friend!

Bay Area Tendrils said...

Hi Becca, thanks for stopping by BayAreaTendrils and the S F Flower Show, and for updating me on activities in your area!

Rosemarie said...

Good luck with your new garden and I hope Buddy comes back nice and pretty!

Randy Emmitt said...

Wow, that is a pretty big garden plot. You have not seeded it yet? Hope Little Buddy does ok.
You might try growing fingerling potatoes they are so yummy.

deedee said...

I have never seen a peach tree before. Thanks for the pic! All that is your garden area? Wow! I am jealous!

Meems said...

Hi there, Becca. We shared that same blue sky today... so perfect for the first day of spring. You have got quite the plot tilled up for vegetables. Is this a first garden for you? Sure looks good ... like it is waiting for some tender loving care. Thanks so much for stopping by Hoe & Shovel... So glad you visited.
Meems @ Hoe and Shovel

Susie said...

Well you are going to have a massive garden! You are going to be quite busy. Can't wait to see the progression of this. All your veggie choices sound great!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

How pretty, those blue skies just say spring! You've got such a nice big area to plant in! How fun. Have fun at the garden sale, and I hope little buddy recovers quickly!

Kylee Baumle said...

Wow Becca, what a nice looking garden, all ready to be planted! Does it get much sun? I'm so jealous that you're ready to go! Too cold and wet here yet, although we've had a lovely spring so far.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Becca ~ You are going to have a wonderful veggie garden. Those Georgia peaches are delicious. Have fun. Hope little Buddy recuperates swiftly.

Have a great spring ~ FlowerLady

Jan said...

Hi Becca, I'm admiring your plot, tilled up by your Pop. It looks so huge! You have a lot of land there. I so love peaches, how nice to have a peach tree! Our temps were in the 20's this morning...too cold to sew any seeds just yet! I hope your new garden plot will bring you much joy!

Powered By Blogger