Thursday, June 11, 2009

Buddy And The Chicks

Buddy goes from side to side checking out the fuzzy little fun looking creatures.

Buddy says, Uumm - I can't decide - which one shall I pick. They all look kinda good. I think I like the yellow ones. They are close to my hair color and Mom might not notice if I have a feather hanging out somewhere.

Let me check them out from this side. Those yellow ones are hanging real close. Maybe Mom want notice if one is missing.
This is where I'm gonna put the fuzz ball when I catch it. Maybe Mom want notice.

Hey Mom - I wasn't doing anything - just catching one of those pesky bugs.


Mom said - If little Buddy doesn't watch out he'll be on restriction. He can't get too close. Really - guys Buddy does not have access to the peeps.

I used an old chair and a piece from a smoker grill and here we have it. These are cutting from my begonia's. This is what I truly love about begonia's - you can take cuttings and just put them into the soil and they grow. By the end of summer there will be begonia's everywhere as they yield color all summer and into fall till the first freeze. They are heat tolerant as long as they are watered.


This is the first flower from a packet of mixed seeds from National Home Gardening Club. I have no idea what this is - do you?


Hope all of my blogger friends have a great gardening day. I'm planning a trip to the beach this weekend.

11 comments:

Wanda said...

It looks like a marigold to me. They come in different sizes and shades of yellow. Rub the leaves and see if they smell pungent. If so, it's a marigold. :)

Davy Barr said...

If it doesn't have the smell of a marigold, then it's a cosmos.

Stella Jones said...

I agree that's a marigold. Pretty isn't it!
Blessings, Star

Becca's Dirt said...

I kinda thought it looked a marigold but it is different than the other 2 kind I have. I'll do the sniff test tonight.

Balisha said...

Hi, I keep seeing your blog name and thought I'd check it out. Your pictures of your pup and the chicks is so cute.Your kids are adorable and such good helpers.I have enjoyed my time reading.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I think it's either cosmos or coreopsis.

April said...

The kids like the pics of the chicks... can you take some close ups?

Little Ant said...

Love those pics of Buddy with the chicks. Our cat was the same way with our chicks when they first came home. Eventually they all grew to know their boundries and the rule that no pet is allowed to eat another pet. :)

Connie said...

Cute pictures of Buddy! Hope you had fun at the beach! :D

Heather said...

Those chicks look like so much fun! I just got mine too and they grow so fast. It is great that you will be able to keep them at your mom's house. That way they will be easy to visit and collect eggs! Enjoy them, I like to just watch mine for now!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I vote Cosmos..there is some that is called Sulfurous I think..they bloom Yellow or Orange..a lovely plant! :)

Powered By Blogger