Friday, July 10, 2009

What a Week - TGIF

Ya'll I need to vent.

What a week it has been. I am so glad it is nearly over. Nothing like the car breaking down. Tuesday the car ran hot. Had it towed to a car repair place. No one was around but a very old man who had no grease on him. That scared me. Anyway he puts a new water pump on and tells me its OK. Well I got in and I knew it wasn't fixed. I drove off and instantly turned around and he then replaced the thermostat. I again drove off still knowing it wasn't fixed and pumped a small amount of gas since they run it nearly dry. Then drove right back as it was hot again. He bled the lines and sent me on my way again. I still knew it wasn't right I just didn't know what it was - well on Wed at the same time of day I go to lunch and run office errands and what do ya know I am broke down again in the Wally world parking lot with an overheated car. Now the man says he'll have to replace the head. Well I am no mechanic but that sounds extreme and very expensive. While waiting for the tow truck for the second day - I walk off to the service station at Wally world thirsty as heck in the heat and then realize I have locked my keys in the car. Wow - all I could do was cry - right there in the parking lot for all the world to see. The tow truck driver was so kind as to wait with me for the locksmith. I have the car towed home. The second towing in two days. Gotta get another car. It is old and is fixing to require a lot more repairs as some things are beginning to indicate.

To make matters even more worse, on Thur morning I woke to find little "Buddy" had rummaged through my purse during the night. He ate up my $40 phone charger (he ate the original one - thus the new 40. one) he chewed up the usb for my camera 2 pill bottles and ate the pills from one. Fortunately it was prevacid and did not make him sick. Later he threw up upc labels and rx label and plastic from the packaging and other paper. While on the subject he has chewed up all kinds of appliance cords and clothes and shoes. I cannot break him. He has plenty of chew stuff. He gets plenty and all kinds of good attention. He is costing me lots of money in all the stuff he has destroyed.

Anyway ya'll I have vented. Thanks for listening. I know things are going to be OK. I am an optimist and know that in all things there is Hope. In that I gain strength.

By the way I do have some pretties in my yard since we received a little rain recently. I'll share when I can find me a usb cord. Radio shack didn't have one.

16 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh Becca. I wanted to cry from reading your post. Bless your heart. I sure hope the next week is a better one for you.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady

Debbie's Garden said...

TGIF for sure! What a terrible week. Hmmm, Buddy sure looks cute in his picture...... misleading huh?

TxFarmhouse said...

It must be something in the air..Your week sounds like my past two weeks have been..sorry. I've had dogs that seemed to want to chew up and destroy everything in sight. One chewed up all the hosing on our outside AC unit..that was expensive!
Let's pray things start to get better..

Stella Jones said...

I would have cried too Becca! Why is it that some weeks are like that. As fast as you try to get out of the sh.t, the quicker you get stuck in more of it. When this is all over, you will laugh, yes laugh, but at the moment, I'll cry with you.
Blessings, Star

Tootsie said...

I have had weeks that made me feel like disappearing!!! I hope next week is a better one for you!!!

Becca's Dirt said...

Thank you guys - I know everyone has had weeks or months like this. It's just been a lot lately - not just the past week. Anyway all you blogger friends make me feel better. thank you.

Laura said...

Don't get upset but I laugghed as I read your post- not because of your frustrations but because you are living my life-
plus no rain.
My plants are going to die!

Laura

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Becca, sorry to hear about your bad week. It seems like sometimes it's just one thing after another and it doesn't seem fair. I hope next week is extra great, you earned it!

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

What a bad week. Hopefully, you used up all of your bad luck and nothing but good will come for a while.

MissyM said...

I am sending you good vibes right now. You need it after this past week. Hope next week is full of smiles for you.

Joanne said...

Well at least you know things can only get better after a week like that. Find your cord soon and then we can enjoy your flowers.

Connie said...

I'm sorry to hear it has been such a tough week for you, Becca. I hope the week ahead is much better for you. Hugs to you from Daisy.

Carol said...

What an ordeal you went through with your car! Hope you're having a restful, relaxing weekend! Enjoy!

Hugs,
Carol

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Aw Becca, I do feel for you because I have had weeks like that too. Look into the incentives for buying a new car now...I think if you can swing it this is a good time to do it.

You are just going to have to "Buddy Proof" everything ! I found little Wailin' chewing on one of my shoes. I never knew cats would do that :).

(())

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, We're home after a wonderful weekend in the gorgeous North Carolina mountains. I'll post in the morning.

Sorry Becca that you had such a rough week. Hope you have a better week this week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Rosemary said...

Oh my you made me smile and cry , what a terrible week...... isn't it always the way.. this one has to be better! Buddy is a cutey.
Maybe the vet can suggest something I have heard of putting tabasco sauce on cords etc to keep dogs from chewing.

Powered By Blogger