Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Found a Couple of Blooms

Hooking up with Jean from MsGreen Thumb Jean for Bloomin Tuesday.
Can anyone identify this plant. It must have come from some seeds I spread but I have no idea. At first I thought Verbena but I don't think so. One of you out there will no it. It is tall and lanky and I only have 2 stalks. I bet it looks good planted in masses.


 Glad I found another Okra Hibiscus in bloom. I love their sunny look. Wish they lasted more than a day.


 Lots of zinnias blooming. These were on the same plant so it made a nice photo.

Glad to see another dahlia rearing its pretty head.

Bougainvillea are coming around for their third round of blooms. I'm loving this plant more and more.

I am so disappointed this year that this is all there is of my Johnsons Blue Geranium. Last year it was awesome and bloomed early in the season and continued into mid summer. This year there is barely a plant.

Check out my snapdragon here. The only foliage is on the tops of the plants and a couple of blooms. All I can figure is the dry conditions in Apr May and Jun contributed to their appearance.

 Here you can see better that the foliage is nearly gone. I watered the gardens but I don't think it was enough.

Love the sun against the clouds.

I am excitedly planning my next spring garden. Getting it all on paper. I love perusing the catalogs and dreaming of what I want it to look like.

What websites for plants and seeds do you prefer? I'm interested in checking out more sites. I use Bluestone Perennials and Park Seed.

We have had plenty of rain over the past couple of weeks.
Hope you all are having a great day.

21 comments:

Diane said...

Hope that all is well in your life at the moment and things are getting back to normal.

Love these pictures, my zinnias are just coming out at last as well. I love this sky photos they are magic. Take care Diane

Sunray Gardens said...

You still have some pretty blooms. This heat is affecting all of our gardens.
Cher Sunray Gardens

imac said...

You're a marvel Darla, pretty blooms in such weather.
Love the sky shots too.

Anonymous said...

My goodness! What prettiness you found!

Stella Jones said...

I loved my walk around your garden. The plant you want named may be a Valerian? Take a look at Valerian on Google images and see what you think.
Keep digging!

Ellen said...

Beautiful flowers... so peaceful!

Thanks for visiting me at A Season for All Things. I'm your newest follower andn look forward to reading more of your posts (and enjoying the great pics!). ~ ellen

Anonymous said...

I have never seen nor heard of those okra hibiscus. Glorious!
Your dahlia is beautiful too!

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Becca,
You are the first person I've read who has enough rain! Send some to Michigan, Please!

I love your purple/white dahlia. I noticed today when I got home from work that one of my dahlias bloomed. I am excited to see them begin.

I buy my plants from Breck's, but I am not that happy with them the past two years, so don't go there. :)

Jean said...

Becca, It's nice to have you sharing on Bloomin' Tuesday! I can't imaging a plant that blooms 3 times, amazing. I love the colors of the dahlia. Very nice sky pics! Jean

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Becca, Don't know what your mystery bloom is... Sorry!!!! Love your hibiscus though and the Bougainvillea.. And I always love your Dahlias.

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Your mystery plant is a Verbena bonariensis, it's a perennial in my zone 7b garden. But it does reseed happily enough. I love that Hibiscus Okra, need to add that to my own garden. Oh I love Brent and Becky's Bulbs and Bluestone Perennials. :)

Anonymous said...

Yep, I agree with everyone about your mystery plant being Verbena bonariensis. It's great as as "see through" plant.
Jeanni

~~Rhonda said...

I enjoyed your garden blossoms. Thanks for sharing! I order hostas online and you can't go wrong with Hallson Garden's.

http://www.perennialnursery.com/

They send wonderful plants and their customer service is stellar. They sell other perennials, too. ~~Rhonda

Stephanie said...

You have a beutiful dahlia there ;-) love it!

Darla said...

Blooms are not as plentiful this time of the year. You have shown some great ones today. Snaps like cooler weather.

Susan said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Come fall some of those will probably bloom again. Hope you are well Becca.

Susan

Lona said...

Seems like everyone's garden is struggling this year from one extreme or another from Mother Nature.I have been looking more toward Fall planting now too. I really like Bluestone Perennials. American Meadows has some things on sale now too. I guess I check about all of them to compare prices and plants.LOL!
Your zinnias are looking wonderful and so is the Dahlia. The pink in the clouds is so pretty.

Connie said...

Your hibiscus is so pretty, Becca. I'm with you, I wish the blooms lasted longer. My son planted hibiscus that had beautiful blooms, but they come and go so quickly.

Patsy said...

Hope your son is getting much better. The grasshoppers have eaten my flowers up,

Deb said...

Love your gardens, esp the Bougainvillea. I've seen it and envied it, but I just can't justify the price for an annual. But maybe in your zone it's longer lasting. It's a beautiful plant.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Beautiful blooms! Your hibiscus and bougainvillea are my favorites. Never grown bougainvillea, maybe I should give it a try next year.

My guess is your mystery plant is some type of verbena. Kinda looks like it to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Carla

Powered By Blogger