Saturday, January 14, 2012

It feels like winter...

How are you today? Me I'm good on this nice Saturday morning. I was enjoying the warm weather we were having but now it feels like winter. I don't think it's gonna last though.

I've been working on getting some things organized around here. Kitchen cabinets just get so disorganized and when I reach back into the cabinet and grab a can and pull it out and I say well I didn't know I had that or I've looking for this. So I looked around the house for some containers that would fit into the cabinets upper and lower and got to work. I have a box in the kitchen of expired goods and some went out of date in 09. Oooh thats not good.

My two spare rooms have both become the dump all so that is needing attention so I have been getting some things cleaned out to haul off to goodwill. It's still in the trunk come to think of it. Still have more to load up. Also carrying out a lot of stuff to the trash can. I am also making a stack of items I intend to use in some decorating and crafts. I am hoping to finally get one of these rooms ready for guests and not a junk room. The other room will remain my sewing room with a little more organization and craft room.

And that brings to mind my other projects I'm getting ready to do and that is to get crafty. I use to be so imaginative with crafts and would sell them back in the day and made some money too. I've had my thinking cap on so we'll see how the crafts come out. I will share if they turn out to be usable. The sewing machine is catching dust. Got it last year and haven't completed the curtains I started last year. So I've got plenty to do and catch up on.

And let me not forget those gardens. This year my goal is to create some more gardens mostly featuring a start of a hydrangea garden and a rose garden as well as a perennial/annual garden(s). I have lots of seeds I ordered back in the fall and have been blessed by seeds from fellow bloggers and I will be getting these started indoors somewhere in the house with a grow light. I will direct sow some of these zinnias and maybe a couple more kinds of seeds. I may be looking for some advice this coming week as I begin the seed sowing process. I want to direct sow as much as I can. A greenhouse is on my list of things I have to buy when the money is available.

Well, I'm gonna get busy here. Hope you all have a great weekend whatever you are doing. Blessings...

16 comments:

Sunray Gardens said...

I'm like you and do my Spring cleaning over the Winter months. It's always so nice to get some of these things done for the year and have some additional space when throwing things out that I don't need anymore.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Scotkat said...

Hi there the other day made a start at washing woodwork.
But now have cricked my neck oh so painfuul.

And looked out window very hard frost real cold.

Lona said...

Now is the best time to do those jobs that get put off all summer.Especially since the weather is not good to get outdoors. I have been cleaning around too.I use to sale crafts too a few years back. Now I cannot get interested much in them. Maybe I burnt myself out on them. LOL! I gave my sewing machine to my daughter even. Have a wonderful weekend Becca.

Unknown said...

Glad to here you are getting some of this cold weather we are having! I started cleaning and clearing just before the kids came home for the holiday and I am still going! But, things are looking up. Be careful with your seed sowing...remember the Easter snap, I don't know if its as bad there. Take Care and love hearing from you. Hugs xoxo

Diane said...

It is great to know where everything is. I have not a clue at the moment where anything is and half the stuff is still not unpacked from the move!!! Diane

HolleyGarden said...

I'll be reading with interest your questions and answers about direct sowing. I purchased some flower seeds this year, and I'm planning on throwing them out in the garden!

Connie said...

I've got lots of organizing and cleaning out to do here too, Becca. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with in your crafts.

Patsy said...

You are just working to hard! I am looking for spring but we are cold with no snow.

Susan said...

Wow, sounds like you are gonna be busy! I have a few projects to do also. I just seem to be more motivated when it's warmer. Good luck kiddo!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Becca, sounds like you have some good ideas for 2012. I knew you'd be working in your garden. I'm glad to hear you will also be working on some craft items. I love to see what crafty people can do (since I'm not crafty at all).... Keep us posted.
Hugs,
Betsy

Darla said...

It's that time of the year to get everything organized and ready for new things. I have been thinking of seed sowing too!

Gatsbys Gardens said...

I think after the holidays we all get the bug to organize. I have so much material and trims that I will never use so I donated it to a service organization. I don't know why I save every bit of material I have left over, never again.

Eileen

imac said...

Sunny but very cold with ice here.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I need to organize some rooms, too. I need to take care of it during these cold snaps when it is too cold to be outside!

xoxoxoox,
RJ

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Becca it sounds like you are in a cleaning mood..me too..and organizing..I will tackle my kitchen this week. Made a list! Well that is a start! :)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Becca,
I need to continue with the cleaning out I started over our days off around Christmas. I have another cold, and not much energy this weekend. It is frustrating to be home and not have the energy to clean. I did do 3 loads of laundry today, though.

When I cleaned out my herb and spice cupboard, I through out some bottles expired awhile back, too.

I hope spring comes on time, and winter doesn't linger once it finally gets here.

Powered By Blogger