Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blue Rose - "Look Within"

I just haven't had anything good to post lately - but I hope that is about to change as our weather reports are beginning to predict our usual summer time afternoon thundershowers. All of the stuff I have in pots and in the ground is looking dried up and limp even though I have watered them regular for a while. Faucet watering is not the same as rain. I have wanted to plant some new stuff but not in this weather. They would surely die in this weather. So here are some nice words that may lift your spirit - it did mine.


Look Within by White Dove


There is so much beauty in


This wondrous, blue rose


If only we could capture it


Within our very souls




If we could take its beauty


And apply the glow within


Search a little deeper


In the soul beneath our skin




Take what is does stand for


And shed its love abroad


Don't hide the glow within you


But share the love of God




You know you can't touch beauty


Without it rubbing off on you


And spreading it to others


In the kindness that you do




There lies within each one of us


The beauty like this rose


When its used in touching others


Then its beauty overflows




by White Dove
























15 comments:

Dirt Princess said...

I am having a hard time finding something to post about as well, droopy dead plants is not something people want to read about, and thats about all I have!

Prospero said...

Lovely words, Becca. I hope you'll be planting again soon. How's little Buddy making out in the heat?

darsden said...

beautiful rose.. the blue girl/boy rose is my most favorite the smell is devine!

Unknown said...

Sorry about the heat and hope you'll be posting again soon! I thought I was going to have a heat stroke the other day when we did our road trip up to Flower World. Spent most of the time using their sprayers wetting ourselves down to try and stay cool.
The poem is lovely and the blue rose is beautiful.

Darla said...

It has been hot hasn't it? We finally did a rain dance and now we are complaining about how that turned out!

Patsy said...

Things will get better don't get sad. Just post, that will make you fell better. Just look at my silly post on shoes in the street.
Patsy

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Becca, It's been a hot summer for all of us so far.. At least, our weather this week is MUCH better (Mild with less humidity).. Don't know how long it will last --but I'd love to 'bottle' it! ha

The poem is great...I love the lines talking about the beauty rubbing off on us. NEAT!!!!

Hang in there, Friend. The weather WILL improve.
Hugs,
Betsy

Becca's Dirt said...

Thanks guys - I know it will improve sooner or later - but gotta complain a little.

DP - you are right
Propero - Buddy is fine - he stays indoors with the A/C.
Darsden - it is divine - isn't it.
RG - seems we aren't the only ones feeling the heat these days.

Rosemary said...

so true nothing better than natural rain..

Susie said...

I can feel your pain Becca. My yard is turning crispy. Hope you get some rain.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I hope you do get the rain. It does get old really quick trying to keep everything watered with a hose.
The poem was really pretty, thanks for sharing it!

Kimberly Wright said...

Beautiful words. Hope you got the much needed rain. We got a good down poor down this way.

Stephanie said...

Hello Becca, The words lifted my spirit too ;-) I look forward to knowing you more. Have a great day!

NatureStop said...

Beautiful rose and lovely words.

Connie said...

Such a beautiful rose. Lovely poem too. Enjoy your day!

Powered By Blogger