Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bloomin' Tuesday

Good Tuesday morning blogging buddies. It's time to join Jean at http://msgreenthumbjean.blogspot.com/ to share our what's bloomin in our gardens. Ya'll go check it out and see who else is joining in the fun.

The following couple of photos were taken with a lot of humidity. We have been up in the 90% range of humidity. The camera fogged. It makes for interesting pics anyhow.

I have some blue forget-me-nots bloomin now. Thanks Darla.

Begonias my favorite easy plant.

Vincas another favorite. They put on a show all summer long and are not affected by the heat.


Verbena
Faithful zinnias.



A canna blooming. Yea!

These are some plants I purchased this past weekend at the once a year sale open to the public from Cottage Farms. I was a little disappointed that the plants weren't labeled very well and that there were not many in bloom to see the flower colors.
This one is a Butterfly Weed with blooms.

Jasmine.

Althea Rose of Sharon Hibuscus and Iris Cloud Ballet Iris (purple and white)
That's all I have to share today. Hope you all have a good day and don't get too hot in the gardens. Summer has arrived on the Gulf Coast with temps of 95 today with humidity of 75-80% which makes the temp feel more like 105 degrees.










21 comments:

Turling said...

Oh, God, the description is making me sweat. Everything looks fantastic. I especially like that Verbena.

Diane said...

Your garden looks wonderful.

Wish we had some of your heat. I have visitors staying at the moment and it is very grey, storms promised for tomorrow!! Diane

Patsy said...

You will enjoy those plants.
Have a good day
Patsy

Anonymous said...

Looks like you got some great new plants for your garden. Beautiful blooms today! :)

Lona said...

Whoa. Talk about the heat being on. Your Butterfly weed blooms are so pretty and so is the Jasmin.

Suzanne said...

I love the south, but 90 percent humidity doesn't sound very comfortable. However, your plants obviously love it because they are gorgeous!

Avalon's Garden and Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats said...

Your Blooms look Beautiful, and that Canna is Gorgeous! We just got over a week long stint of heat & humidity! Hubby & I were working on the patio and it was Horrible out!It has since cooled down,and is Absolutely Beautiful out now! I should be outside,but I have some blogging to catch up on .....hahaha :) Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Lordy! Your flowers are bee-U-tiful, Becca ... I am so enjoying them.

Have a great week.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Far Side of Fifty said...

The Jasmine looks very interesting. I bet it smells delightful! Have a good week ..stay cool:)

Anonymous said...

As much as I love the garden, heat and humidity do me in! I don't envy you those! The flowers are beautiful. The purple verbena is calling my name. :) We have several butterfly bushes. So enjoy the insects and butterflies they attract. ~~Rhonda

Paula said...

YOur flowers always are so beautiful....love all the variety and colors you have. I also appreciate so much your oil spill updates thank you for sharing them. I copied your next post and put it in my journal about what is going on there. How far are you from the water?
Thanks for all your sharing, Paula from Idaho

Darlene said...

All of your flowers are just gorgeous and you have such a beautiful variety. Try to stay cool.♥

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are all pretty. Wow! That's some humidity to make your camera lens fog up!

Jean said...

I pics with the humidity are really quite lovely. The blooms seem so brightly colored this year. Thanks for the tour! Jean

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Zinnias are oh so pretty, and canna is a winner!

Connie said...

It all looks great, Becca! Hope you are keeping cool.

Debbie's Garden said...

Steaming up your camera! We can SEE the humidity. UGH. We're still gettin lots of rain and high 70's to low 80's here.
Forget me Not's is a flower I've been meaning to get out and look for here.
I thought since my Mom has Alzheimers it would be a nice plant to start in my garden and hers. Do they spread? I dont know if they're annuals or perennials in my area. I MUST look into it and get some.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Becca: Beautiful blooms, I love the Verbatim the best.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love that verbena, and I'm not usually a canna fan, but yours is a nice color. The butterfly bush bloom is a pretty color, too.

Stay as cool as you can!

Jenny said...

I just love zinnias!! Looks like you are doing a great job. Isn't gardening so much fun? The hard-work always pays off.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Your garden looks great despite the heat. I could hardly handle the few days we had last summer when it got that hot. Sure hope it cools a bit for you.
I just read your previous post. Hope your son's surgery goes well!

Powered By Blogger