Friday, June 25, 2010

Fertilizer Friday - TGIF

Are you glad it's Friday - I sure am. Hope you have had a good week. It's that time of week when we all get together over at Tootsie Time to join in the fun. Ya'll go check out who else has something blooming on Fertilizer Friday. Go here to check it out http://www.tootsietime.com/.



My sweet Little Buddy. It's too hot to stay out but maybe 10 minutes. This is an air conditioned baby here.

The Fourth of July is next week. The begonias look good next to the flag. This container is so full since the begonias are doing so well. These will bloom all the way into the fall.


Butter yellow zinnia. I like the softness of this color.

I love these zinnias. The plants are about 12-15" high. Plus they don't blow over in the winds.
These pink ones with a flower about 1-1 1/2" wide and these plants also are about 12-18" high.


I have a feeling these are the ones I received from Darla. When the plants are small they seem to have clusters of zinnias as shown here. And they are not the same flower but on the same bush. Go figure.

Cannas are displaying one flower at a time. I wish my red ones would bloom this year. They didn't last year.

Purple verbena.

Love these blue forget-me-knots. They keep giving once they started blooming.

Everything is behind on fertilizing. The gardens need weeding too. I will have to turn the sprinklers on them this evening. No rain up my way in at least a week. The plants are showing signs of conditions being too dry.
Hope you all have a great weekend.



15 comments:

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Becca, I will loan you some of our rain. It is welcome but not the lightening and tornado warnings! Your garden looks beautifulo, especially those zinnias.

Eileen

Patsy said...

Hi Becca
Your flowers look good, I think I will plant begonias next year they never fail. Most of my petunis died that were in full sun( the ones in my header did .
Patsy

Connie said...

They are all very pretty, Becca. I love those forget-me-nots too.

Lona said...

Hi Becca. Your zinnias look so pretty and are growing wonderfully. Mine are so short ans stubby LOL! I love the bright pinks. Can you leave your cannas in the ground all winter there?

Rosemary said...

Becca; Your zinnas are very pretty love the soft yellow. I agree with Buddy too warm some days, others are just perfect.. especially Fridays and weekends.

Diane said...

Your garden is looking lovely and I am also waiting to see your red cannas. The weeds are a menace, they seem worse this year than normal but perhaps it is my imagination!! Diane

Deb said...

every thing looks great...we are actually getting a little rain storm right now...

Rainy Day Gardener said...

It's so fascinating to read what is going on in gardens around the US. You're on the verge of being too dry and up here in the Pac NW..we can't dry out..so much rain! sigh. Never a balance is there..lol! Your yellow cannas is so pretty!! TGIF

Little Messy Missy said...

This year I grew zinnia's by seed. I do love how bright and colorful they are. Great pics and cute little doggy!

Jeannie B. said...

I love your zinnias. I don't know why mine never look very good. Maybe I will give them another try. My sister in Ohio swears by them.

Unknown said...

This is my first year with cannas and I hope they do well. I am trying to make things feel a bit more tropical here if only for two months [actually 6 weeks with an almost guarantee no frost] I did plant zinnias though but they are still so tiny not robust like yours. Have a great week and hope to see you on Tuesday. Blessings Meg

Unknown said...

G'eve BEcca ~ I just love Buddy ... reminds me of one of my old pooches.

Your florals are fabulous. I love seeing how lush yours are.

Our impatiens are SUFFERING!!! from this horrible heat.

Have a lovely summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Its So Very Cheri said...

Your flowers are so pretty Becca.

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I posted chapter 4 Empty Arms Broken Hearts.

Cheri

Junebug said...

I'm a little late checking out blogs but I am sure glad I didn't miss yours. What pretty flowers. I love Zinnias but they just don't want to grow for me. The slugs really think they are a treat. Thanks for the pretties!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blooms. The ForgetMeNots look spectacular. Your Buddy is so cute and adorable.

Powered By Blogger