Monday, July 12, 2010

This and That Weekend

I got me a cool hair cut last week. Can't tell ya when my hair was this short. The older I get the less time I want to spend in front of a mirror or with a blow dryer in my hand. I went ahead and put a color on it thank goodness. It was looking pretty bad.


My new phone I purchased this weekend. Actually my contract was due to renew anyway. It'll be great when I figure out all the bells and whistles. My main reason for having a phone like this is during hurricane season. Since TV's have gone digital we can no longer use our old B&W battery operated ones. So I'll be able to access the weather and local TV stations using this one.


I stopped at a yard sale this weekend too. Look what I found. It was marked $15 but I only paid $10. I am going to paint it. I love the carved wood. It will go good with my antique sofa.




The fellow at the yard sale was giving these flower pots away. I've never seen anything like these. Very different. I think I'm gonna paint them blue and place them in the garden with the yellow tire. Maybe.
Our weather is hot hot hot. Temps in the upper nineties and humidity. With the heat factor feels like 110. Ouch. Can't do any gardening in weather that hot. However I did purchase a couple more plants this weekend and planted them. I'll share those tomorrow.

PS This is my 201 post. I can't believe it. I can't believe that you guys actually read what I write. I never knew writing could be this much fun. And that I'd meet so many fantastic people from all walks of life. I will be doing a party give-a-way on Wednesday. So come back and check it out.

21 comments:

Patsy said...

Like to be cool, your new hair cut is cute. I got my hair cut short, short.
It has been hot in Arkansas with no rain for a month. It rained yesterday and today so it cooled off some and the flowers love it.
Patsy

Jeff Branch said...

That table looks to be quite a find. I would be interested to see it after you paint it.

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Your new do will be so easy to take care of, I too just had about nine inches cut off of mine.
Love the table, it will look fantastic with a paint job.
Those are very unusual pots.
Have a great day.

Diane said...

Love your new haircut. That table was an amazing buy, I am jealous! Diane

Anonymous said...

Your new 'do looks quite nice. Just what you need for the hot summer months. I love the look of that sofa table; looking forward to seeing how you refinish it.

Kay said...

Looks like last week and the weekend were very productive for you. I like you haircut. I've worn mine short now for about 30 years. It was just too much trouble taking care of when I had it long. Plus when I exercise it gets so wet in the back from sweat.

Gatsbys Gardens said...

Becca, that haircut and color makes you look much younger than your other picture, replace it with your new one!

You are a great bargain hunter.

Eileen

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sweetie...
Oh my gosh I love the new haircut and color. Doesn't it just make us feel so pretty? Yours just says, "Beautiful". Now at least you will be a little bit cooler. That is why I cut mine. I got tired of it sticking to my neck in the night during those wonderful night sweats. I am so loving it short. Wash and wear. Love it.

Your flower pots are going ro be gorgwous on each side of that tire. What a cute idea. I can't wait to see them finished.

Now don't forget to post the after picture on that sofa table. I can't wait to see the results. You go girl.

Have a great day. Country hugs sweetie and much love, Sherry

Lona said...

Hi Becca. The new do looks great. I hate messing with hair anymore too.Mine keeps getting thinner the older I get so I stick to an easy tight curl and just pick it out. Getting so lazy about my looks LOL!
Oh, you just have to show us the table after you redo it. I like the detail on it too.

Darla said...

Cute do, cool phone, wonderful planters...sounds like a good weekend.

Marilyn Jones said...

Becca, you did the right thing! Short hair is the way to go. Especially for us gardeners. Look forward to seeing the table after it's refinished.

Look at my blog and see if you can identify the purple plant for me.

Deb said...

your hair looks really cute...I need color bad...too many grays poking through...eeek...

Rosemary said...

Cute hair cut , can hardly wait to see your bargain table redone.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice haircut..I think I need a new do one of these days too..in the summer it all ends up in a pony tail anyway.
Nice looking table...I to am anxious to see it all painted up:)

Connie said...

I absolutely love your new haircut, Becca! It looks great!! Have a good week! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh Becca everything is just so cool for you. I like that flower pot. Given? wow! Love your new look, new mobile! I am thinking of a hair cut now he he...

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Becca: Quite the milestone, I'm so glad you have found this to be a place to share your life. I like the hair color and cut, nicely done.

Rebecca said...

I know what you mean about not wanting to spend time in front of a mirror with hair blower in hand. And I don't want to mess with a lot of styling products, either!

I will watch to see what color you choose for coffee table. Paint will really change its appearance!

Anonymous said...

Well I didn't see a pic of your hair beforehand...but it looks great! ;-)

Bonnie said...

Love your new hair cut. Very cute!

Little Messy Missy said...

Love the new pic and the new hair cut! Strange flower pots, are they plastic?

Powered By Blogger