Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Shade Garden


Hope you blogger buddies are having a nice day wherever you are. Just wanted to share my shade garden today.

(I'm sorry I have to say this again - I hate blogger now!@ Now I feel better.)

Morning Glory.
This is my only little - and it is little - bloom on this tiny plant. It is needing a trellis to climb on so that is in my radar. 

 The bloom is kinda lacey looking in behind the bloom. Too bad it doesn't photo well so you can see what I'm talking about.
 This is the shade garden that is only meant to grow in size. Lots of room down the side of the house for more shady areas soon to be developed. I planted lots and lots of begonia's here. All in all about 5 six packs so I lined the front with them. Added some coral bells and coleus too. There are columbine seedlings you can see. I love the mandevilla here too in the red clay pot that is old as dirt.







We are feeling like summer has come in such a short time. Record lows set on Mon and Tue and possible record highs over the weekend. What's a gardener to do... No rain in the forecast either... So glad I have a working sprinkler.

I'm excited - going to see the grands this weekend. Luci is wanting MawMaw to help her in the garden to plant some flowers. Well it didn't take me long to say I'd be there soon as I can. I'll get some pics to share.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend....

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I second your 'hatred' ...vehemently.

Love the florals, Becca. They are so beautiful & profuse already. Envy!

Have a grand time with your kid-ling. Be safe traveling, my friend.

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Olive said...

I am trying to go with the flow with Blogger. My blog roll quit working months ago so maybe it will work now? My begonias come back every year. Do yours? That is if the deer don't eat them.

Sunray Gardens said...

That bed looks lovely. You did a really nice job on it. Have a nice weekend.

Cher Sunray Gardens

Carol said...

Your Shade Garden is beautiful! Love those plates you have displayed in it :0)

Debra Howard said...

Wow! It looks like your shade garden is well on its way this year. Mine look pretty bare right now. Hoping to get them filled up soon.
Debbie

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Gorgeous shade garden, Becca. Begonias are always a winner --whether they are in the sun or shade. They don't have any smell--but they do bloom and give your yard color.

Have a great time with your grands..
Hugs,
Betsy

Connie said...

Your shade garden is very pretty, Becca. I hope you have a nice visit. :)

Fishtail Cottage said...

Hey there stranger! seems like we haven't chatted since last gardening season! lol - just wanted to let you know that Fishtail Cottage's garden party starts back up next Thursday (May 3td)....can't wait to see what you are sharing! xoox, tracie

Diane said...

Lets exchange weather for a couple of days, it is foul here we have had over 100mm (4 inches) of rain this month and it is chilly as well. We had a real summery March so I do not know what has happened!! Diane

Victoria Williams said...

Nice looking shady spot. We can't put annuals in the ground yet, still might have some frost.

Unknown said...

That shade garden looks fab. Morning glories prefer full sun and a dry. Too much water and shade will give you big vines with no flowers. Yours is a double...

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Hi Becca! Your shady garden is very colorful! Maybe, I need to plant more annuals in my little shady garden!

Lona said...

Oh how pretty Becca. I love the border of begonias. The dark leaved coleus is a beauty too. Your shad bed is full now and looking wonderful.

imac said...

Always nice to visit a wonderful Garden Becca.
We have rain for the last week and still we have a hosepipe ban.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looking good! those Coleus should really fill out and fill that area..pinch them for fullness. Those pinched off parts will root quite easily if they are kept moist:)

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Your shade garden is coming along nicely. I am also working on one along the shady side of the house. I am planting lots of ferns, hostas, and other shade loving plants.

Susan said...

Your garden is beautiful! You can see the hard work you have put into it!

I haven't had any trouble with Blogger yet. Hopefully I won't.

Powered By Blogger