Monday, November 30, 2009

This and That Weekend

Little Buddy didn't know what to think when his favorite spot by the window was filled in with what looks like a tree. Santa will leave you something Buddy.

Just a few photos of my Christmas tree and a few of my favorite ornaments. Most of my photos were blurred so I only have a few that turned out good enough to share.










I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday. Countdown to Christmas is on. I began my shopping 2 weeks ago and did not go to any of the Black-Friday sales. Instead I put up my tree. I enjoyed the long 4 day weekend just relaxing at home accomplishing some chores - oh and watching Christmas movies. If you haven't seen Reese Witherspoon in the Four Christmas's it is a must see. It came on Starz on demand this week. I watched the movie 3 times in the 2 day rental.
I have gotten over my fears of last week. I am planning on purchasing me a handgun and yes ladies I can shoot a gun and have real good aim too. I am not afraid of pulling the trigger. Could it have prevented this bad guy from attacking me - maybe not. I didn't know how to shoot one then either. I am just being very cautious as we all should be. Always be aware of your surroundings and the people that are around you when out in a public place epecially after dark. Be extremely cautious this time of year always looking. Someone could be lurking in the shadows just waiting for someone not paying attention. Those cell phones can distract you too but also be a lifeline in case you encounter a less than pleasant situation. It would be helpful to be talking to someone who knows you are walking to your car at night. Keep you car keys in your hand not in your purse when walking outside. Don't go out the door without keys in hand and holding one key like it is a weapon. I also have a switchblade I carry everywhere.
Anyone else have any safety tips?








15 comments:

Unknown said...

Buddy is too cute with the tree in the background! Nice ornaments - think I need a few new ones this year. I've already been going around singing "YES we need a little Christmas, right this very minute" cause it's such a bouncy cheerie tune.
Great tips and I always have my car key in my hand before leaving a store - simply because I don't want to stand and dig for it for an hour in my messy purse! LOL

Lona said...

Becca your all set for Christmas and the tree looks beautiful. Of course Buddy has an ornament too ;-)

I have a "Best Blog" award for you on my blog. There is no pressure to participate though. I know some people do not have the time or just do not accept awards.
Congratulations you deserve It!

Darla said...

Cute Little Buddy....love his look a like ornament too. Girl you are serious about being prepared aren't you? I'm proud of you, when we operate in fear we tend to make mistakes!! Great tips here and most I use and preach everday especially with 4 girls and my son almost being killed in an home invasion last January, he answered his door to a AK 47 in his face and was beat in the head with it...

Tootsie said...

oh it is just soo pretty! I haven't started yet...but reading today is inspiring me

Patsy said...

Pretty tree and glad you are ok.
Patsy

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Becca your tree is beautiful. It reminds me a lot of my tree.

I am glad you are feeling better and I am glad that you are doing whatever it takes to protect yourself.
Take care, Sue

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Seeing your pretty tree makes me anxious to get ours up this weekend. Buddy looks so cute by the tree.
We just watched Four Christmases this weekend too, very cute movie!

Abatevintage said...

Buddy is adorable it looks like there is an oranment of him on the tree ;0)

I love the ornaments and the tree looks wonderful.

Happy Monday

Blessings

-:¦:-H-:¦:-E-:¦:-I-:¦:-D-:¦:-I-:¦:-

Becky said...

I always get my keys out before I leave the store. I like my panic button, I just hope if I ever have to use it someone will look.
Thanks for the tips, we all need to be on the lookout this season.

I LOVE your poodle ornament (I want one!) and your Buddy! My Cloe is a poodle also, she weighs 3 lbs now. Buddy looks small also.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend, Becca. Glad you are doing whatever you need to do in order to stay safe.

When I lived in New Orleans in the '80's---there was so much theft there (probably still is).. When driving your car, they would tell us to put our purses on the floor UNDER us rather than on the seat beside us. IF you stop at a traffic light, they'll break your car window and steal your purse IF it's on the seat. Gads!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Dirt Princess said...

You know I am armed and dangerous! LOL! BUT I do have mace that clips on to my keychain. That is very good to have, because you will always have it on you in a parking lot,etc.

The tree looks great! They are so hard to photograph! I had to take several shots before mine turned out!

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a relaxing weekend!

Connie said...

Your tree is very pretty. I love the ornament that looks like Buddy. How cute! :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Nice tree, I love the little Buddy ornament!
I am glad you are feeling safe..I think just being aware of your surroundings. I do think that self defense classes are great for women to attend:)

Kimberly Wright said...

Your pooch is so cute and the tree adorable.

I do not own a gun but I do abide by those safety tips you listed.

Colleen Wms said...

I love your decorating ideas. Your Christmas tree is beautiful. Thanks for sharing so many wonderful pictures and stories!

Becca, I have a "Best Blog" award for you on my blog. There is no pressure to participate though. I know some people do not have the time or just do not accept awards.
Congratulations you deserve It!

Powered By Blogger